home about me our home

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Green and White Delights!!

This past week I did a little “Goodwill Hunting!” (my friend Deb's catch phrase). I think I did pretty well in finding some items that I will totally use in my home. Let me show you what I found……….

GOODWILL HUNTING 002 (800x600)
My first little treasure is a green and white striped water pitcher. (price $2.00). It reminded my sweet Hubby of Dr. Seuss! I liked that because I love a little whimsy and then when you add stripes, I am a happy girl. I am totally going to use this for flowers. In fact ,I put some white dahlias in it and have it sitting in my kitchen by the window.

GOODWILL HUNTING 015 (800x600)
The tall cream pitcher with the chalkboard is from Pottery Barn. I got it on another GW Hunting trip for $6.99, SCORE!!

GOODWILL HUNTING 001 (800x600) - Copy
To the left of the green pitcher is a darling clear glass pitcher that I have some flowers in and I have it on my desk. I think it would look great with some simple syrup in it or Basalmic vinegar. I can think of all kinds of uses for this little beauty. The glass just shimmers and it looks like a very nice piece. I think it might be hand blown, but I am not sure.

GOODWILL HUNTING 007 (800x600)
On the left is a cream mixing bowl. It is a Mason Cash from England. I have a little obsession about bowls and the way they feel in my hand. The rim has to be smooth to the touch and kind of rounded. This bowl met all the requirements and it is cream, perfect!!! I paid $5 for this lovelie.

The oblong dish is a rarebit baking dish and it is made by Hall. This will be perfect to serve roasted asparagus in. Only $2.99 for this collectable.

GOODWILL HUNTING 008 (600x800)
I was really excited to find these water goblets. I had actually been looking for these for a long time. Who would have thought I would find them at GW’s for $1.99 each. I purchased five of these beauties. I took a close-up of the glass to show you the bubbles. Don’t they look lik 7-Up bubbles. It just makes anything you drink that much more refreshing.

Behind the glass is one of two of the silver candle sticks I purchased for $11.98 for both. They are very heavy and a classic shape. I couldn’t go wrong with these!


Last, but not least, is a sterling silver serving fork. I actually purchased this on another trip, but I had to share it with you. I had to pay a whopping 25cents for this beauty.



So there you have it!! All my Goodwill Hunting treasures. The best part of the day was spending it with my BFF. Time with a friend is “Priceless.” It was her very first time going into a Goodwill. Trust me she came out with some great treasures!!!
“Enjoy the Process” Of:
Finding lovely and useable items for your home at bargain prices!
Kathysue

20 comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Your green and white pitcher is so darling, Kathysue! Thanks for sharing it - I love the stripes.

Debbie L. said...

Kathy,
What a refreshing post! The green and white pitcher and finds look so lovely on your crisp white tablecloth. Takes my breath away. Beautiful!!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

You did score, Kathysue! My favorite is the green and white striped pitcher...so very you! And your hubby is so funny! I wouldn't have thought of Dr. Seuss! Your GW trophies are all classic and timeless. I know we will see those goblets again during the holidays! I am off to go GW hunting myself...it's senior day! Yaay for being old! (I think) Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

glee said...

wow, those are great finds, girl. I'm envious. I actually have this passion of collecting pots, pottery, porcelain, or anything as these. :)

Join our giveaway to win a fabulous dress. :)

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

You really did score....love the goblets and the PB pitcher but it all looks fabulous, especially with your styling!

Unknown said...

You have the best eye...love all your treasure finds!

Allie and Pattie said...

Wow Kathysue! You got some amazing deals! We don't have a GW nearby and our local thrift shop is sometimes pricey. Good job!
xoxo Pattie

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Kathysue, I love all your treasures. Great buys on the white bowl and plate. Love the green striped pitcher.

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Wow! I love them all! You know I am a green and white lover too...everything is just gorgeous!

I love all of your flowers too!

Enjoy!
Cathy

La Dolfina said...

I'm impressed!!!!
You found some wonderful things Kathysue :)
Can I come next time?
xo

Anita Diaz said...

I want that fork!!! Love that and .25? Not fair!! Love the striped pitcher and the seeded glass goblets. I'm thinking of seeded glass for the china cabinet my husband is making. All the outdoor light fixtures I bought last summer are seeded glass, and I just love it. I do not, however have any glassware! Great finds!

Sue said...

You got some fabulous treasures. The real bargain was the sterling fork...what a deal!

xinex said...

Great finds, KathySue! I love the striped pitcher, love that shade of green....Christine

Averill said...

Great finds, Kathysue! Love the striped pitcher in particular. So charming.

Carrie said...

Ahh, perfectly delightful finds!

diane@onlinefabricstore said...

Keep your doors locked or I may steal that greren and white striped pitcher. I have a red and white one and a black and white one.. love it!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

What fabulous finds, love each one of them, exp the PB chalk jug :)
Take care
Kristin

vignette design said...

You found some fabulous treasures Kathysue. I'm never that lucky, or maybe our GW isn't very good. Love that stripe pitcher. Your photographs are lovely--so fresh and cool. I'm afraid I'm going to have to go "Goodwill Hunting" now! xo Delores

Marcus Design said...

Oooh I love all of your green and white finds!! You always find the best stuff, I wish I could go shopping with you :) That is SUPER exciting that you are going to Egypt Kathysue, I will tell you all the things I loved best when I get back!!
Nancy xo

Blooming Rose Musings said...

My goodness, you really scored!!! I think you should give us all shopping lessons...or else, we should all go shopping with you! Recently I also found some bubble glass goblets at an estate sale. I love them. I think I paid $15 for four goblets. They were going for $30 but I was able to get them for $15..Yahoo!!! You really found some great treasures. Fantastic!