home about me our home

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Playroom Inspiration

Now that you all know I am working on our playroom I thought I would share with you some of the pictures I have saved over the last year as my inspiration…………..

alys_bed3[1]
Love the colors.  The lamps are what makes this room pop!!
I also like the addition of baskets for texture and a depth of color.

1[6] (400x300)
Great option for storage.

Black adn Spiro
Black and Spiro
A perfect spot to read. The books on display are not only decorative, but it encourages reading, and I am all about encouraging  children to read!!

children-room-interior-ideas-01[1]
The colors used in this room are, fun and the extra storage under the bed is always needed.

children-room-interior-ideas-08[1]
I like the clean look of the furniture and the low profile of storage.

Picture_14[1] (487x284) (487x284)
Again, I love the colors, and I think a cozy nook for reading or napping is a great idea.

31518_0_3-6561--kids[1]
Great looking fabric on the roman shade and the bookcases outlining the window make a perfect frame work.

kids-room-girls-bed[1]
Add a little navy and turquoise and I would love the colors in this room. I think the small daybed with storage is great for a child's room.

SA0109232c_1_y[1] 
This room just says, “FUN” to me. I love the use of bright colors and the baskets are another great storage idea.

So there you have my inspiration!! Can you tell what direction I am going to go towards and what are some the elements I will be using.

If a client were to give me these images I would dissect them to find out which of the above elements would need to be in the clients room in order to please them. Can you figure out mine????

“Enjoy The Process” Of:

Using inspiration to help you plan out a room design!!

Kathysue

12 comments:

The enchanted home said...

You are surely on the right track...love your inspriation photos...all great and lively but fresh!
I am new to blogging but glad I found you! Please visit me, I just posted a giveaway, a gorgeous french chair....newish to blogging and having a ball! (my blog is about the building of our new home and my passion for decor/design)
www.theenchantedhome.blogspot.com

Hamptontoes said...

Kathysue,
I'm with you, I love to see lots of books easily available for reading. I don't believe in hiding them behind doors or covering them. My children have go-to books based on the covers!(And, at 4 my daughter reads fluently.)
As for the playroom you are desiring...clean, well edited, pleasing colors and fun toys to ensure good memories!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Great inspiration pics, Kathysue! And I have had a realizatin...one day, I will have to do the same thing...fix up a room at Granny's house for two little guys to stay over! :-) Not to mention their big brother! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

quintessence said...

All fun bright inspiration. So you playroom is clearly going to have lots of color and a ton of great storage!! Sounds fabulous!

Karen said...

It looks like your priority is storage. But I'm seeing a lot of different elements that most of the images share-white trim, texture, fun colors and, of course, Roman shades.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

A playroom...how nice and these are some great inspiration pictures. Beautiful colors and clean lines...perfect for kids.

Tote said...

I think nooks and built in's around windows. They are very useful and make a great presentation.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Well, I think it will definitely have blue and green, bookcases and baskets. Plus there will be a great place to read. I can't wait to see it. Hugs, Marty

Privet and Holly said...

KS, I bet you are
such a wonderful grammy!!
What a fun room to
design. Love the green
that you picked out
in the last post and
all the textiles that
you use depending on
which set is coming to
visit! I like idea of
containment for all of
the toys, with books
on display...great ideas,
all!
xx Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Fabulous inspiration photos, Kathysue.

Did you get your tulips?

designchic said...

What a fun room to work on...love the inspiration!!

Mona thompson said...

Your playroom will be fun and filled with personality just like you. Can't wait to see it finished.