home about me our home

Friday, June 3, 2011

PINK Has Arrived In The Playroom!!

In my last post I revealed my playroom makeover. This is how the playroom looks most of the time……

fINISHED PLAYROOM Guest room 013 (600x800) (600x800)

I mentioned that when my little girly-girl comes for a stay I put out the color, “pink!”
You might remember these fabrics……

PLAYROOM fabric combos boy girl 008 (600x800)
The main fabrics that are always in the room are the awning stripe and the large polka dot which I used as a curtain for the reading nook.


fINISHED PLAYROOM Guest room 007 (600x800) (600x800)



For our little girly-girl we had to add a touch of pink…….

Sarah seeing playroom 007 (800x600) (800x600)
The pillows have been changed to a bright floral and a crisp green lattice pattern. The shelves now have a pink ball and a stuffed bunny to cuddle with while she is sleeping. 


Sarah seeing playroom 008 (800x600) 
I need to purchase the bright pink bottles to put on top of the shelves, I just thought of that while looking at this picture! That proves that design is truly the never ending story.


play room progress 009 (800x600)
In the little chair I have placed a round pillow that has a kaleidoscope of colors. 




play room progress 002



In this next image you will see something that really does make it a girly room……..


Sarah seeing playroom 001 (600x800)
Now that is what I call perfection!!!

Kathysue is……

Enjoying the Process Of:

Watching her kiddos enjoy their new room!!!

BTW:
Paint color is: Martha Stewart's Lemongrass sold at Home depot

20 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

How pretty, Kathysue! I love the patterns of teh fabric! And that round pillow...gorgeous! But your little misssy is indeed the perfect touch! Happy weekend!...hugs..Debbie

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Kathysue,
I just love this room that you have created. It's perfect for when your sweet girly girl comes to visit. I love how you give it special attention with the pink just for her. She's a lucky little girl.

hugs
Sissie

The enchanted home said...

Love all the colors, such a happy and fun space. A little pink never hurt anyone and I happen to love it there, agreed maybe a few pink bottles to add to the collection would be the crowning touch.

lizziefitz said...

I agree about the last picture , perfect accessory;) beautiful!

Jessie said...

You are such a thoughtful and sweet grandma. Always thinking about the smallest detail for your grandkids. Adore the latest addition especially the round pillow, it's very pretty.

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Too sweet. This reading area is perfect, I would enjoy sitting there, particularly now that there is some pink in the room!! Janell

Uncovered Ruby said...

Love it! So bright and cheery, you done good!
Lisa ;-)

La Vie Quotidienne said...

How pretty this all looks. I love the reading nook and it's present occupent is adorable. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

It turned out so cute Kathysue ... I love how much attention to detail and LOVE that you put into this room and how you cared so much to make it a special place for each child. Your little girly girl is precious ;)

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Perfect room for a perfect young lady! Love the floral pillow fabric!! So colorful and lovely.
I bet your grand children are spoiled, Kathysue! Lol.
Have a great weekend.
Teresa
xoxo

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Love the addition of the pink! Great fabrics. Have a great weekend yourself!

laxsupermom said...

Such simple changes to girlify the room. Love it! Love the fabrics, and that round pillow is my absolute favorite. Thanks for sharing.

Tote said...

Pink & perfect!

Susan

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Isn't she cute lounging and reading. Love the pops of pink added. Yes, you need the pink bottle, too.

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

You say "Pink" and I'm there!! First of all, you Grand D is precious!! Secondly, I'm coveting the pillows in this room...such fabulous patterns, and the round one looks like a one-of-a-kind. I love the boys room, but being a girly girl myself, this is perfection!!

xinex said...

Beautiful room, KathySue! I love the reading nook and your granddaughter is so pretty..Christine

Marcus Design said...

Kathysue I absolutely adore that you take out a dash of pink for your sweet girly girl!! How awesome is that?? I love the whole room, it really is a treat.
Nancy xo

Kellie Collis said...

The playroom looks gorgeous! Love that seating area! Enjoy the fabulous weekend, Kellie xx

Gail said...

Your room remains sophisticated and warm even in its new girly girly version.
Maybe just pink spray paint some glass jars you have in your recycle bin.

Blooming Rose Musings said...

The room is wonderful and your little "girly-girl" is sweet perfection! Fabulous!