home about me our home

Thursday, August 16, 2012

I Want Lighting That Is Out Of My Price Range, HELP!!!

   


Lighting is the jewelry of any room. Since I purchased my new king-sized bed I found that I needed to upgrade my lighting to accommodate the size of the bed.

This started many days of looking. I am not going to make a final decision until I get back from Paris in the Fall, but I did find a light that feels like ME!!!


Source: bhg.com via Kathy Sue on Pinterest


I know, I know these have been used in a kitchen, but there is no fast and hard rule that says I can’t use them in my bedroom!!!

There is a problem!! A big problem!!!!


The Big Price Tag!!!


These lights are from Circa lighting, which has unbelievably beautiful lighting! Lighting I would love to purchase, but, and it is a big BUT!!! The light is over $1,000!! and I need two of them. Can you say Ka-ching!!!!!?

I know price is relative, but in this girl’s reality that will NEVER happen. Hubby will never understand why lighting cost almost  as much as the headboard and footboard.

So dear readers if any of you know of a light that looks like this one for much, much less, please let me know!!!

 

14 comments:

La Dolfina said...

Kathysue, ask Reichel over at Copy Cat Chic... she will find one to fit your price point I am sure!
Good Luck and Great Choice my friend!
Lots of Love,

Terri

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Kathysue,
I have two lighting sources that are reasonable. Overstock.com and Lamps Plus. It's just a matter of sitting at the computer any viewing hundreds of lights until you find just the right one! Good luck.

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

Hi Kathysue,
I'm sure you can locate these fixtures for less from another manufacturer. Good luck with your search... I love your selection!
~ Wendi ~

Anonymous said...

I have seen those all over blogland but I know lamps plus has similar designs. Or purchase a pleated shade pendant and create the x design with ribbon or paint. Nice choice...hard to have great taste isn't it?

debra @ 5th and state said...

i can help. as a shop owner i have access to manufacturers and i not only know who makes it but i have an account. you will be amazed at the price difference!
any way i can help a friend that has helped me many times before, just drop me a line
xi
debra

Donnamae said...

Great choice, Kathysue. The previous comments have said it all. Good luck!! ;)

lv2look said...

They are lovely but lighting is RIDICULOUSLY PRICED for what it is!
A pleated shade, a few pieces of polished metal, rivets, plastic diffusers.
You might be able to get a local metal worker to make the metal parts for you and automotive shops have resources for chroming.

Silvia C said...

Dear Kathysue,
First of all, I love your taste! Those are truly unique and quite wonderful. About resources...hmmmm...I live close to the Alice Lane store (yes, lucky me!) alicelanehome.com. Don't know if she'd had something like that...Cheapskate me...would probably buy a nice shade and have a welder get the material and weld the stuff around for me. I bet the welder won't charge me 800 bucks for that...then again...who knows. Happy hunting!

michele said...

i have very good luck with ebay for light fixtures. even a gigantic marie antoinette chandelier.

best to you, sweet blogger.

michele

Nancy said...

I found this one...not exact but very similar http://www.lampsplus.com/products/chase-dark-nickel-finish-16-inch-wide-pendant-chandelier__k3952.html

Its robert abbey's "chase" pendant...less than the circa, its only missing the crossing "X" metal part...funny thing is that it does have the "X" on the diffuser side of the light(google it for other pics)and the other chase series of lights like the sconce have the "X" pattern as well...price is not great but its a start...400 vs 1000. I googled it and found it for 207 but I wasnt sure about the website so didnt paste a link. Hope this helps...best of luck.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Sadly, this is the story of my life. Whay is it that all the things we like are beyond our budgets ~ but somehow fortunately we always find a compromise. Good luck with your fabulous taste I am sure you will find the perfect light.

Anonymous said...

Have you searched for a similar light? I bet there is something out there cheaper. Paris is coming quickly, huh? You must be beside yourself excited!!! xo

Dovecote Decor said...

Call me darling! You've been such a loyal commenter, I'll cut you a wholesale deal. Weddings all weekend, so ring me on Monday: 336-705-1316!
xoxo
Liz

traci zeller designs said...

Nancy beat me to it! Robert Abbey has a similar pendant.