home about me our home

Saturday, November 17, 2012

TWELVE Christmas Mantels to Inspire YOU!







If you have a mantel in your room it is most likely the focal point of the room.


During the holidays we all have visions of a warm fire with stocking hung for Santa to fill up with goodies.





I love a beautiful mantel at Christmas time, and I know I am not alone.


We creative types like to change things up a bit, year after year. It gets harder and harder to find an inspiration that sparks a new idea.




Luckily there are so many wonderful blogs, pinterest and online magazines that inspire us.


Today I am going to do a little line-up of mantels, and hopefully they will inspire you all……



Source: bhg.com via Kathy Sue on Pinterest




I love the look of a Williamsburg Christmas. I used dried oranges and apples one year on my mantel. Someday I hope to a full-on Williamsburg Christmas look.












This is one of my all time favorites. I love the simplicity of it. I am not a huge burlap lover, so the socks would probably be made out of some other fabric for me, but I love the rustic feel and texture of this mantel.



So peaceful! Sometimes simple is the right answer!!

Source: hgtv.com via Kathy Sue on Pinterest
Source: bhg.com via Kathy Sue on Pinterest

Now are you ready to go and tackle your mantel?

My mantel is always a challenge since it is 17ft long. Now that is what I call a M-A-N-T-E-L!!

For more inspiration go HERE to my post on Mantel-ology

♪ ♫Happy Decorating Let the Fa-La-Laing begin!!♪♪

10 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathysue,
Thanks for the inspiration. There are so many wonderful mantel ideas here and the hard part is deciding which one I love the best.
I love the letters with the wreath as the O in Noel.

hugs
Sissie

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Aww...I can hardly wait!
I love every single mantle, Kathysue. Thank you for sharing.
Happy Saturday.
Teresa
xoxo

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Great mantels, but nothing I can inspire myself in, since mine is wood paneled, not white. Big hugs,
FABBY

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

I always thought that's why "mantels" were created....to adorn for Christmas!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Great ideas for mantels....so pretty! I'm still trying to wrap my brain around Thanksgiving.

Merlin said...

I do think that is why "Christmas House TOurs" are SO much fun...seeing the mantels. Your displays are beautiful! franki

Blondie's Journal said...

These are just beautiful, Kathysue! I like the simple ones the best. I did notice that there is not a bit of red in any of them...lots of sparkle though!

XO,
Jane

debra @ 5th and state said...

yeah, a kathysue christmas! love the examples. we are decorating a home for our towns christmas house walk and am in need of ideas!
xo
debra

The enchanted home said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!! So many fabulous ideas, love love love!

Kelley said...

Thank you Kathysue! What a great group you have shown and I love them all!

xx kelley