home about me our home

Sunday, September 1, 2013

My New Bedroom Lighting Is Up!!

  
We have been busy around our house. Well, I should say the electrician was busy around our house. This past week we had new lighting put in three rooms.

Over a year ago I ordered two Capiz shell chandeliers from West Elm.

I have had the fixtures for quite awhile, but was waiting until all the stars aligned to have them installed!!
(not really but I think Hubby was!)


West elm capiz

Since my master bedroom has a soft ocean-like feel to it, I thought these would be a perfect addition.



 I have always had a fascination with this type of lighting.



What I love about them…….

*The shimmer and iridescence
*The way they move softly in the breeze.
*The tinkling sound.
*They look ethereal to me
*They add a bit of romance to the room

We had a few problems getting them hung at the right height that I specified, but the end results look exactly how I had hoped.

A dimmer is in place so I can get a wonderful candle glow at night.

master bedroom sneak peak lighting2 001 (1024x768)

I think you have all been very patient so I am going to show you them before the night stands are staged. 

I have something very special that is coming my way to place on my stand so that will be shown in a later post as soon as it gets here.

BEFORE STYLING
master bedroom lighting2a 001 (1024x768)

I am really anxious to style the nightstands, but all in good time, this has to be done just right!


master bedroom lighting2a 003 (1024x768)

To say I am happy with the lighting is an understatement. 

You should see them at night! 

They give off the most wonderful glow, and the shadows on the wall are fantastic. 

I only wish I could capture them in a photograph for you.

Even during the day with the lights off they have a wonderful shimmer to them.

Still more to do in my, 
"Good Life Of Design"!

Stay tuned for one more change!!
 
 
 

24 comments:

Carla Aston said...

Love them, Kathysue. They are perfect for your bedroom. I love the height it adds to that wall too. Can't wait to see it all up and styled!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Kathysue, they are so pretty. I love them. You always create the most beautiful spaces. Hugs, Marty

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

The lighting is fantastic. Now you have me wanting to see the reveal!!

La Dolfina said...

They look amazing!!!
Can't wait to see the room finished!
Are you going to feature something above the bed?
Yor bed frame is amazing

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

They are beautiful, Kathysue...just the perfect addition to your serene seascape bedroom!...hugs...Debbie

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

I love your new lights, but then I would given that my master bedroom is light gray-blue and i have a capiz shell light as well. Great taste. I admire you for having yours installed over the bedside tables - they look great there and frame the bed.

Angela said...

Very pretty.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

very, very pretty, I can see why you are so attracted to them.

Chatfield Court said...

So pretty, Kathysue. Can't wait to see your room all done.

Kristi

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

love these kathyue!! so pretty:)

Victoria said...

So, so pretty.

Leslie said...

The soft, serene colors you've chosen for your room are beautiful kathysue and your lighting is perfect!

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

Love the pendants as side table lights. Capiz shells are always stunning!

Vicky said...

I love it.The lighting is gorgeous!!

Merlin said...

LUV THEM!!! franki

Unknown said...

They look great...That is the perfect place...I have a chandelier in my closet that I have had for at least 4 years...its French with porcelain white roses...not sure where to hang it...

The Pink Pagoda said...

They are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

designchic said...

They look wonderful, Kathysue and I love the headboard too!!

vignette design said...

Very pretty and unexpected. YOu must be thrilled.

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Wow, Kathysue! They look amazing!
You are just one talented lady!
Happy Tuesday.
Teresa
xoxo

Woodside Park said...

Still more? Keep it coming, Kathysue!! :) I can hear the excitement and joy in your voice. Congrats on these beauties!!
xo
Loi

michele said...

they add such a romantic sexy vibe to the room!

michele

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Such a fan of bedside lighting hung from the ceiling, so chic! I bet the shadows they throw off are beautiful.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Such a fan of bedside lighting hung from the ceiling, I imagine the shadows they throw off are amazing.