home about me our home

Monday, November 4, 2013

I PROMISED YOU Inspiration!

 



We all need an inspiration, and in 2010 I was inspired by none other than, “Martha Stewart.”
I love her simple yet elegant approach to tablesettings……

Martha Stewart

I had always admired the stacks of wheat for Fall designs so for this particular year that is where I started!!

WHEAT STACKS

Knowing I would be using the soft maize of wheat, I chose to use a soft color pallet.

The next choice had to be the table cloth. I could have used my linen like Martha, but I wanted a little more color.

I went looking, and I ran into the perfect tablecloth in a soft green and cream paisley by Ralph Lauren.

Tday 2010 035 (800x600)_thumb[3]ribbit

The next choice that had to be made was what to tie the wheat stack together with.

After wiring  it together I chose the softest, sage, double faced satin ribbon I could find. 

It is very soft and loose so it makes for a lovely loose floppy bow. I allowed the streamers to cascade naturally over the table.

I am not big fan of stiff looking bows so it has to be a very nice quality ribbon for me to do bows. I do not like wired, or stiff looking ribbons.


Tday 2010 032 (800x600)_thumb[2]ribbit

Since my table is 8 ft. long, and not round like Martha’s I chose simple white ginger jars to fill in vacant visual space.

All dishes were simple, as are the goblets, and white linen napkins. Uncomplicated yet a little understated elegance, my favorite look.

Ribbet collage b 2010 thanksgiving table
Let me leave you with a few other ideas using……..


WHEAT
Autumn wheat placecards


Good Life of Design... Ideas For Hoiday Napkins and Silverware!

Harvest Horseshoe

#Thanksgiving #wheat #wreath


/


/


blue


=


harvest side table - wheat centerpiece

wheat centerpiece, wedding ideas, Fall wedding centerpiece, Autumn wedding ideas, apple wedding, wheat wedding


wheat & wax flowers in pretty test tubes ::: wedding centerpieces #wheat #fall #harvest #centerpiece #testtube #waxflower

If you decide to use wheat as your inspiration, I hope you gleaned some inspiration today.

MORE TO COME, SO BE SURE AND CHECK BACK THIS WEEK!

 
 

10 comments:

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

So lovely!
I have used double satin ribbon for years. I love it.

The enchanted home said...

Very pretty, love the idea of wheat as a decorative theme....so pretty.

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

So pretty...I do need some inspiration...I haven't posted my Monday post yet and don't have any ideas...

Ivy Lane said...

Yes! I am "gleaning" today!

Thank you for all the wonderful inspiration!

xoxo,

Ivy

Merlin said...

Count me in as a "double satin ribbon" user...usually brown and cream. Lovely examples. franki

Melinda said...

I love these images, such pretty decorations you can create with something as simple as wheat. We are entering summer now, so I'll keep these in mind for next year.

The Buzz Blog said...

Lovely! Using wheat reminds us of all the goodness that we have in our lives and how nature plays a big part. Love how one simple image can inspire a beautiful Thanksgiving tabletop.
xxoo
C + C

Unknown said...

Kathysue,
I love the wheat as inspiration for the Thanksgiving table. Such a great nod toward sharing the bounty!

Thank you for your lovely message on my gratitude post. I'm off to check out what you've been posting on FB!

xoxo Elizabeth

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love to use wheat and your table is so perfect. Simple elegance at the finest. Hugs, Marty

SHERRY HART said...

I love the organic feel of wheat. Maybe this year I will get motivated to do a Thanksgiving table setting. And maybe not….