home about me our home

Friday, November 1, 2013

ARE YOU READY?!

 
 FOR WHAT IS NEXT!


hello november

Even though October is a month full of family Birthdays, I am still very excited it is November. It is officially fall, and it is also time to make plans for the Holiday season starting with one of my favorites…..

I love Thanksgiving
With Thanksgiving in mind I thought I would share what I have done for our family table in the past.

Hopefully it will inspire you and me at the same time!

So for the next few days I will be showing you a table from the past. I will tell you what my inspiration was and what I started with first!

Shall we start in 2009? This is my first Thanksgiving Table that I shared on my blog. I remember I was so nervous taking the pictures……..

Ribbet collage 2009 Thanksgiving Table
This is the year I decided to do a natural loose interpretation of a cornucopia.  

It all started with the linen table cloth that I had a monogrammed, "P" placed on the corner. 

Next came the color scheme I chose soft linens, white and green. 

After the color was chosen I brainstormed ideas for the elements I would use. Natural produce in creams and greens was going to be perfect for the loose interpretation of a cornucopia, and worked perfectly with the color choices.

When looking at the images keep in mind this arrangement is almost 6 ft. long. It is hard to capture that in an image, at least it is hard for me. So please feel free to use your imagination!

Thanksgiving Table 2008 038 (800x600)_thumb[3]
The place settings were set with vintage Bakelite butter knives, white linen napkins, and black and white transferware plates that depict an autumnal setting of wheat gathering.

I used some natural wheat in the design because the plates have wheat going around the rim. It is hard to tell in the image, but the hurricane is etched with a wheat design as well.

Thanksgiving Table 2008 047 (800x600)_thumb[3]
The goblets were a mix of clear crystal and fruit embossed green glass.

Thanksgiving Table 2008 041 (800x600) (2)_thumb[3]
There was an addition of two silver pheasants and some mercury glass to make the arrangement glimmer.
That was our table for 2009!

Come back and I will show what I did in 2010!

Martha Stewart inspired my next table.
 
 

7 comments:

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Love your table from 2009..
I'm ready for 2013..I'm cheating!
http://www.franksattheoldmill.com/media/THANKSGIVING_2010.pdf
No work, no fuss, dinner with dear friends!!!

carolyn bradford said...

Each table was gorgeous! I'm searching for ideas for our Thanksgiving table at home as well as with our items in the shop ! You inspired me for sure! Can't wait to see 2010! Anything you do is beautiful!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I just cant believe Thanksgiving is just in a few weeks...I always fly by the seat of my pants when it comes to decorating table...have no clue what I'm going to do...its always a surprise!

michele said...

i am sooooo ready for november! your table looks beautiful no matter what the year. we will be celebrating thanksgiving in arizona this year, and i'm looking forward to my mom's gorgeous spread and will share photos.

hugs.

michele

Ivy Lane said...

Very pretty...I remember it well! I am ready for November as well! It's time to go shopping for my winter slippers!

Happy Weekend!

xoxo,

Ivy

Karena said...

There is nothing more special at the holidays than to see our friends table all decked out in so many creative ways!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena

Emily A. Clark said...

So beautiful! I'm coming to Thanksgiving at your house :)