Recently I had a friend ask me what I have left to do in the our family room.
It is funny when when someone ask you a question like that you hesitate, then you start making your mental list.
I thought I would update you all on the progress and what we have left on our To-Do list.
When I left you last I showed you a teaser picture……
My very handy, talented, sweet, loving husband has made a wish come true for me.
The wainscoting for the room has started taking shape. This is something I have had in my little design brain for over 10 years.
YES! you heard right 10 years ago I started talking about the someday list for this room and wainscoting was on that list.
I am calling this a, "LABOR OF LOVE," since my live-in handyman really did not want to do this to begin with.
Now for the big To-Do list:
1. Paint wainscoting the same color as all the trim,
2. Paint brick Swiss coffee (I am doing the happy
dance about this one) Hubby did not, would not
give in to painting the brick, but once he saw the
wainscoting he knew it had to be done!! Woo hoo!!!
3. Finish wainscoting around the entire room
4. Add crown molding
5. Paint small end table a pretty color( color to be
announced later,I need to have a few surprises)
6. Purchase antique brass pharmacy floor lamp for
right hand white chair area.
7. Find artwork for back wall and above small
desk.(looking for architectural blue prints)
8. Possibly paint desk(color not chosen yet) probably
a soft off-white.
9. Paint upper family room walls.
10. Possibly paint bar stools a soft cream and have
11. Accessorize as we go along.
So there you have it! More to do, more to show you later.